- Removing sandbags from around the perimeter of the building: work gloves
- Scrubbing block walls in gym and restrooms: scrubbers, soap, buckets, shop vac, squeegees and power washers (most of these materials will be provided)
- Drywall trim crews cleaning up drywall demolition: utility blade, tape measure, screw gun, flat bar and step stool
- Rebuild the downspouts: ladder, screwgun, misc bits and utility blade
- Playground clean-up: rakes, power washer, ratchet tools, etc.
- We may be sending out a few teams to help with general demolition in a few local residences which will require gloves, masks, flat bars, hammer, etc.
Please come dressed and ready for physical labor. The building is very clean, so masks should be used for some tasks but are not necessary for all. We do have some masks and tools on hand, but it wouldn’t hurt to bring your own tools and ladders if you have some at your disposal. Also, a few extra generators may come in handy. Be sure to label anything you bring. See you Saturday!
Below is a picture emailed to me on Friday that gives a sky view of the church facility during peak flood stage. Thankfully things are much dryer now!