Friday, April 14, 2006

TORNADO HITS TOWN


Last night I spent about 45 minutes with my family in our basement listening to the sirens roar almost continually in Tiffin. Outside of some quarter-sized hail, we were spared from most of the destruction of the storm. Unfortunately our downtown Iowa City area was not so fortunate. I pray that God will use this devastation to glorify himself both through the serving arm of the church helping those in need, as well as the identification people can have with suffering Christ experienced on the cross. Ultimately I pray that the hope of the resurrection would become real to many people through this time.

For more specifics you can check-out these links. I’ll warn you that the sites are presently swamped with web traffic.

Press Citizen
Iowa City Gazette

No comments: