Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tis the Season… Almost

Friends. About a week-and-a-half ago Pastor Jeff invited me to speak in services on October 28-29th about how “Faith Makes a Difference in Worship.” Thanks to a chapter on worship that Josh Malone shared with me, I have identified Revelation 4 and 5 as the passages I would like to “exposit” for the weekend. As I’ve dug into the text I’ve realized quickly how difficult it will be to adequately teach several chapters of a text in one message. Have no fear, I WILL keep it to about 35 minutes (or my credibility will forever be shot)! All this to say, my lack of blogging for a few days and a slow-down in posting over the next week or so is likely due to this shift of focus.

Before I return to some reading, I thought I would take a moment to update you on Christmas scheduling. With the very successful addition of a live venue this Fall and with numerous losses in key staffing positions. we are not doing any major production service this year. We will, however, have a short series of Christmas weekend services that will feature some excellent Christmas celebration. All these services will be designed to clearly communicate the gospel to all the visitors and your guests that you invite to attend. Here’s our schedule…

December 9-10
  • Worship Center: Contemporary Christmas Celebration with Vocal Team and String Orchestra and Band
  • Atrium Venue: Traditional Christmas Celebration
December 16-17
  • Worship Center: Christmas Worship with Adult Choir, Children’s Choir, and Wind/Brass Ensemble
  • Atrium Venue: Joining the Worship Center for Services
December 23-24
  • Worship Center: Three Christmas-Eve Services Saturday Night, Sunday Morning, and Sunday Night. These services will be identical in content making three excellent options for those of you who will be celebrating with your families at different times throughout the holidays.

No comments: