Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Stay-at-home Mom Is Worth $138,095 A Year

It is fitting as Mother's Day approaches to post on this recent Reuter's article that was first referenced on Justin Taylor's blog. My wife is a wonderful wife and mother who works as hard as any woman I know. Based on this article in Reuters if she was getting monetarily paid for her career as a stay-at-home-mom she'd be making $138,095 a year. Though her investment as a mom is reaping a far greater pay-back in the growing and healthy lives of our kids, it's fun to see a more concrete measure for the huge investment that goes into being a mom. Go here to see the article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think Carrie deserves that PER CHILD! :-)

-Chris

Anonymous said...

I agree w/Chris. Carrie deserves that per child plus all she deserves listenin' to me. Therapists aren't cheap ya know! ;)

You are a blessed man Mr. Scott. I only wish I were as good as wife and mommy as Carrie!